Week 3
 Topic 1
Note: the advertisement above is slightly different from the advertisement written below because I had forgotten to capture and save it

 While using my Instagram profile, I think the advertisement that appeals to me semi-directly is 'Bespoke post' "Free Box". This ad seems to be directed towards man or at least the post upon my viewing feed or it just knows that I am a male from my gender identification preference. To answer that first question, "how does the company use social media"- I assuming they use gender preferences to advertise towards male individuals that are materialistic. By joining the membership of forty-five dollars a month the individual will get an item or a few, from this company every month. In another advertisement which I have not been able to relocate- it gives you a preview of the possibilities of what may receive. In this ad, the words in bold white text spells out "FREE BOX"and below it is shaving cream brush, a glass holding an iced liquor, a classic metal shaving razor, a leather waistband watch, a hatchet, a flask, the closed box with the letter "B", an aged baseball, a wooden handle corkscrew, a wooded handle ulu knife and a leather belt. The advertisement above shows the same general idea, missing the "FREE BOX" and has some different items that one could require. As a self-indulgent individual myself, if I had the money to spend on it and was in a nesting situation in my life, I would get the membership because some of that stuff is pretty cool shit. Especially during the periods of time, I would wish I had some junk like beard creams and essential oils while I was drinking my scotch out of a fancy glass, which I had just received in the mail. The advertiser convinces the audience, "men", this is what they want to be more manly. Which apparently has been working because it seems like this advertising feed has been on my profile for years. Now if I was the brand manager for Bespoke, I would try to convince and advertise girlfriends of the materialistic boyfriends to buy the membership as a gift idea- the gift of a monthly gift. This would and could increase profits by double because as far as I can tell they are only ad-campaigning towards a single gender.

Topic 2

https://youtu.be/MOo9iJ8RYWM

Above is an advertisement from grammarly.com which was found as a YouTube channel advertisement. They intrigue the audience to try their new Google Extension, which allows it to show your type-os as you are writing and catches the mistakes for you before you either save or send the information out. I'm actually trying it out as I am writing and it seems to catch the spelling and grammar errors but I'm not sure if it's able to catch my poor sentences structure. Maybe if I updated it for the annual subscription of $139.95 or 11.99/month, it will catch twice as many mistakes and will help me get twice as better results and become more confident in my writing. So far... it seemed to notice almost everything.
Ok to answer your questions- first, Grammarly uses many individual whom support the app tell you(the audience) why it is so good while throwing text edits of what the individuals are saying. The reason that it seems to stick out to me is that I could always use some help with my writing and I am a direct audience of this advise because I believe that my writing could use the help on a daily basis. The persuasive approach to the advertisement would be plain-folk approach, in which, they use a businessman writing a progress report, a lady writing to an e-mail, a college grad using it for his resume and a college student owning it as her "secret weapon". Opening line is "if you write anything on your computer, you need grammarly." The techniques the advertisement ties you in with the actors of the commercial making them more relate able and comparable to myself, especially as a college student looking to type better with computer related communications. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrxE_KCnO44

Now for a advertisement that doesn't work, I wish I could say everything on the radio that is consider a radio commercial but I'll stick with the one that I find very annoying- Jimmy Jon's Sandwiches. First, their biggest advertising ploy is the delivery. Delivery in some communities can be pretty slim and not everyone wants pizza every time and not many restaurants offer the delivery option. So having a sandwich delivery option can be directed towards a single individual over a group of coworkers during the lunchtime rush. I would assume that the delivery profit is focus upon the individuals whom can not step away from what they during their work day, so having a sub delivered would be the best option for them. Because of my current employment it doesn't appeal to me and narrative is pretty annoying. The persuasive approach always seems to be the same narrative and voice actors, trademarking "really fast delivery service". For why I think it's a fail, is because after the orinigal (which I believe is the link above), they stuck with the same slogan and same voice actors but some how even if I don't find them appealing, the target audience being on the track of becoming over weight and obviously lazy or over worked, will.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog