Topic 1- I am Warren, the natural resources or some kind of physical science student- currently in landscaping and main career goal is not be a landscaper. I am interested in science and technology when interested in reviewing a media source. I am also a runner, my last run was the Mac 50k in the McDonald forest, when I can I run with my three dogs in the woods.

Topic 2- When it comes to news, the majority of it comes from listening to NPR through OPR on the radio. I can assume it's quite reliable beside it generally is presented towards certain groups of people and will repeat some stories and not includes other stories. I also look at the Google NewStand app on my phone but again that has been balanced toward past topics that I had been interested in and definitely has been created with settings to allow certain stories to been shown without requesting.
According to "fake news", yes I am concern of the abundance of it and the media sources that have been using it to control the masses, while pointing the finger toward safe media-as fake media providers. The best way to avoid it, I think - is to check with additional publications and compare them with each other. I like to see how other countries are relaying our new, so I'll listen to the BBC too.

Comments

  1. While I have never heard of any of the sources you listed, I am curious enough to go check them out online and see what they are. I am always one curious, and wanting to learn what I do not know.
    I agree with your response on the best way to avoid "fake news". Checking out additional resources and comparing what information is provided, and then just trying to decide what sources seem to be the most reliable and knowledgeable on the subject.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog