Week 2

 Topic 1
- When I started using a Twitter, my main focus was pretty dumb things but since current election outcomes, that has completely changed and I use it to gain the public news feed of democratic candidate. My first was Senator Bernie Sanders because the importance of he believe the public should know what the senate is up too; while he is a advocate to the like views I appeal towards.
My newest Tweeter is Senator Kamala Harris, the possible 2020 presidential candidate. I believe that after the last democratic presidential upset, I believe the states need a better representative that would accurately reflect the minority and is a better female candidate than that last one for the democratic party for my opinion.
 But the most recent addition to my feed is Kyle MacLachlan, from the early ninety television series Twin Peaks. I think everyone needs a break from political tweets no matter what party you choose to be affiliated with and the my past enjoyment of the old and current drama gives me that kind of break.
The hard part is I'm just a viewer of the tweets and for a long time I avoided looking at the opinions of others because it just seemed so toxic. So I not much a retweeter.

Topic 2

  • Sherry Turkle talks about us becoming more "connected" than ever before, and yet we may be setting ourselves up to become more isolated. Share your thoughts on Turkle's talk, including a few EXAMPLES. Have you, your family and others "reclaimed" areas of home, work or play for conversations -- or declared those spaces device-free zones? Have you taken steps to ensure that you are really listening to others?

 -Sherry Turkle TedTalk presentation really proves that there is at least two worlds that individuals of the twenith century live in- the physical world and their personal life with their cell phone. I'm totally at fault of living double lives and not down to earth with the people around me. Just a few minutes (sometimes seconds ago) I was stuck inside my personal life of social media and a technological relationship with friends and family members that range from a few blocks to over six thousand miles depending on which direction you are pointing. This can make it difficult to have relationship with the people closest to me with the distraction stored away in my pocket. Imagine having a long distance relationship with someone and that technology is the only key for that doorway. But making, managing and upholding  boundaries where using your phone in a public or private situation should be a life priority. Like "Spidie's uncle Ben says- "with great powers comes great responsibilities". Personal cell phone responsibilities should be taught and pass down when teens or preteens gain that rite of passage. Sadly, this is a self-taught manner of the past generation that some haven't adopted. For example, the use of cells in the classrooms should have been engraved in the current generation but yet, replying to text messages in class have and probably will continue until the campus places gun like lock boxes next to every door of the institution for cell phone drop off and pick ups- before and after that class. The classroom should be declared cell phone free zones with some exceptions.  But when it comes to at home situation, I still struggle with holding a at home conversion at the dinner table. I can't recall a moment when I or the person was with declared that we would have taken a break from our phones or declared an area where their were not allowed, it was generally assume to stop using them when one of us would give that other attention or requested so.

  • When it comes to digital gaming ... How many games have you downloaded to your smartphone or computer? What games do you most enjoy playing (e.g. Fantasy baseball? Words with Friends? Candy Crush? League of Legends?) and WHY? 

- Truthfully, I don't have any games on my phone. For a bit, I would practice my cribbage playing but a single game of speed cribbage could take ten to sometimes twenty minutes which is hard to spare. So mainly, I use my found to stay connected with my friend, family, work/school/life related things.

  •    How many hours a week do you think you spend on digital gaming and social networking? Do you feel like you are part of an online community? Discuss that "community" aspect of gaming. Or maybe you're too busy with other commitments/interests in your life ... and don't see the point of wasting so much time online or on the phone ... Say more about that ... 
While I was marathon training I was uses a Garmin watch app to stay connected and keep up with my running goals while connecting with others looking for the same deal. Comparing runs with our distances and elevation changes while gaining made-up badges for certain activities. It also kept a ranking system for distance per week and I became addicted to being first in whatever distance was automatically being set. I ran a lot during this period of time which lead me to do poorly in my classes for a moment. Now, I am spending more time messaging friends and family. Having the technology allow friends on the east coast or Europe to be closer but it still hurts not being with them. To be honest to the question that I haven't answered, about four to maybe six hours total per week but I believe that could be argued because some weeks I am just to busy to reply to people and just end up ghosting them until the stress is resolved. 


Week 3

Is going to be late too.I have a bunch of "stuff" going on in my life and having a hard time keeping up but hope to be caught up and ahead at the end of this weekend. Sorry of any inconveniences. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog